This practice consists of:
- Being on the vanguard of regulatory issues arising under the EU climate change initiatives; on cap and trade systems, we have challenged national allocation plans, both Phase I and Phase II, and are advising on border remedies. In addition, we have also been involved in the development of the EU regulatory framework promoting the use of biofuels.
- Advising companies and governments on the new EU chemicals legislation (REACH), since the drafting stages in 2003. We are advising clients on data protection issues arising under this legislation and the possibilities for registering companies to obtain legal redress against decisions taken under REACH and EU biocides legislation.
- Advising clients on EU trademark legislation and representing them before the Office for Harmonisation of the Internal Market (Alicante).
- Advising clients on legislative initiatives regarding consumer protection, media and telecom, health standards and environmental law at the Community level and the Member States’ implementing measures.
- Advising clients on EU public procurement law.